AAG/RTS Student Paper Competition
Recreation, Tourism and Sport Specialty Group
AAG ANNUAL MEETINGS
return to RTS homepage
These guidelines are for the 2012 AAG Meeting. They should generally be the same for future meetings, in case we do not get around to updating them...
The Recreation, Tourism, and Sport (RTS) Specialty Group of the Association of American Geographers wishes to publicize the awarding of prizes to student-authored (and presented) papers at the AAG New York meeting that are being presented in RTS-sponsored sessions. A $150 first-place prize, a $100 second-place prize, and a $50 third-place prize will be awarded if sufficient high-quality papers are received.
A paper abstract and request for consideration in the competition should be e-mailed to the RTS Chair, Alison Gill firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2011. The final written paper, to be submitted to Alison Gill, is due on February 1, 2012
- Prepare a written version of your AAG presentation and e-mail it to RTS Chair email@example.com by February 1, 2012. The written paper should conform to guidelines for the The Professional Geographer in terms of format and style, and length should be a maximum of 12 pages double-spaced--or about 3000-3500 words (excluding maps & references). http://www.aag.org/cs/publications/the_professional_geographer.
- Only the presenting student should be listed as author. (Students whose papers are received after the deadline will lose some points during the judging process, and may be totally excluded if the paper is received too late for judging.)
- The written paper will be reviewed and selections of the final winners made by the RTS Board of Directors. Winners are encouraged to submit their entries to The Professional Geographer or Tourism Geographies for publication.
- Only the written papers will be judged for the final awards, but students who do not present their papers will be ruled not eligible to receive an award.
- Awards will be presented at the RTS Business Meeting at the AAG Annual Conference. Award winners will also be invited to the AAG Awards Banquet as a guest of the RTS Specialty Group.
Return to RTS
last updated: 9 November 2011