TRAVEL, HOTEL &
- Zhangjiajie City, Hunan, China
GENERAL INFORMATION ON ZHANGJIAJIE
GETTING TO ZHANGJIAJIE, CHINA
- Airport – The airport is Dayong (DYG), which is 10km west of Zhangjiajie city and another 33km to the park entrance. You may also see the airport's name as HeHua (Lotus), which is the new name of the airport, though it is not yet widely used internationally. Zhangjiajie's airport iss connections to most major Chinese cities, with Guangzhou being the closest (and cheapest) international connection.
- You may need to book your domestic flight in China separate from your international flight. Dayong is connected by daily flights to Guangzhou, Shanghai and Beijing (among other airports). If you are having trouble finding domestic flights, you might try http://www.chinahighlights.com/ .
- Note that round-trip flights in China are the same price as two one way flights. Therefore, you might want to consider doing an open-jaw international flight to China, such as entering in Guangzhou and leaving from Shanghai, and then buying a one way ticket from Guangzhou to Dayong, and from Dayong to Shanghai.The Shanghai Airport has a very nice, and reasonably priced, hotel located between a couple of its terminals.
- Bus –Minibuses stop in front of the city's train and bus stations and take about one hour to reach the village. There are also buses to Tianzi Shan and Suoxi Valley. Long distance buses connect Zhangjiajie to Changsha.
- Taxi – Taxis run between Zhangjiajie City, Zhangjiajie Village and the park entrance. When visiting other sights, it is best to negotiate a price first. Distances are often difficult to judge in this mountainous region.
- Train – Train service has greatly improved cutting the trip from Changsha to a mere 5 hours. There are also trains to Zhengzhou, Guangzhou and other regional centers.
- Getting to the Hotel
- The conference will provide limited transfer from the airport to the conference hotel on the day prior to the start of the conference (July 12) and to the airport on the day following the last day of the conference (July 16).
- You must provide us with your full arrival and departure information bu June 25, 2011 if you wish to take advantage of this service.
- If you arrive on any other date, you must take a taxi from the airport to the conference hotel. Be sure to bring the conference hotel information (by printing the hotel website) with you.
- Currency Rate: 1.00 Yuan = 0.15 USD, 1.00 USD = 6.83 Yuan
- Most overseas visitors to China will require a Visa. You must apply
for a Tourist/Family Visit (Type L) visa. Do not apply for a
business-type visa unless you are required to by the country you live in. You can obtain a visa from an Embassy or Consulate
of the People's Republic of China.
- For U.S. residents, you cannot apply directly to a consulate or
embassy by mail. You must either appear in person or use a intermediary
service. These are some of the many websites that offer this service:
- These are the best directions that I have found on how to fill
out the visa form: http://www.zvs.com/site/Instructions/CHN
-- according to this site:
- For the purpose of your visit, indicate "Tourism"
- For inviting organization or person, indicate "Not