Tourism and Heritage:
Opportunities and Challenges for Conservation Geography
International Geographical Union Pre-Conference Symposium
10–13 November 2011
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Valparaiso, Chile
Call for Papers
Submission and Review Process
The symposium language is English.
Abstracts must be submitted by 15 August 2011 (revised date) to:
<jarkko.saarinen (a) oulu.fi>
Alan A. Lew
<alan.lew (a) nau.edu>
The abstracts will be reviewed.
Because of time and room restrictions the conference is only able to accept a maximum of 45 paper presentations.
Abstract submission: 15 August (revised date)
Notification is acceptance: 20 August (revised date)
Registration and payment: 30 August (revised date)
- Abstracts must be in English
- Abstracts must contain no more than 300 words
- Font: Times New Roman, size 12pts with single spacing
- Title should be typed in UPPER CASE letters in bold and left aligned
- Author/s names and institution/s and full address should be in upper and lower case
- Presenting author(s) name(s) should be underlined
- Include four to eight keywords
- No endnotes, references or frames/tables/figures are acceptable
Please note: Faxed and PDF abstracts will not be accepted
There will be a Proceedings of Papers and Abstracts (more details to come).
Selected papers will be invited to submit their papers to a special issue of Tourism Geographies.